Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend Recap

The kids have left me for the afternoon [:(], and Matthew is at work until 8 PM, so here is the upshot of my weekend:



The dogs: have gone back to normal, praise the Lord. They have an appointment to discuss the future of their babymaking abilities, and in the meantime, we're playing it safe and locking them up separately at night.


The Princess Bride: has been on somewhat of a constant loop since we purchased it via Amazon Instant Video last night. It's on right now. I'm working on memorizing THE WHOLE THING weofuiaorigjao.


The Shrinkage of Space: is pretty high on the list of things we're not ready for. I need to be a whole lot more organized and a whole lot more positive about the situation. I moved a bit of furniture around today to get a better look at the whole situation, but the only thing that got me is frustrated about how much cleaning and organizing I should do with my free time. Meh meh meh. Still, I am grateful that there is a place with walls and a roof for me to put our belongings. That will always be good enough for me!

The Solo: Working on doing a song for church in the coming weeks. Any requests? I can't decide on what would be best.

The Runner: had a sort of personal record this weekend at the Depot Days 5k although it was not his fastest run to date. He did manage to win 2nd overall in the race though! And he still went pretty dang fast, even if he has run faster races before. I stood on the sidelines and felt tired, having been awake since 2:00 AM and whatnot. The kids ALSO ran a race that morning, and one of them enjoyed herself quite a bit. I think she might do it again one day. The other..well, let's just say he has a long time before he considers trying another one. All hope is not lost, though. We shall give him a year or two and perhaps try it again, maybe with a bit of practice this time. We need to have a real life talk about "saving his energy," which is the reason he claims that he never does any physical activity if he can avoid it. I think we will maybe all go to the park and point out that it actually helps to be active all the time, in order to have more energy for the saving. Sigh. It doesn't help that we live in a dog-infested neighborhood where any outside fun at all pretty much mandates a drive to the park. #nomoneynogas

Other than these particular items, we've had a very regular weekend! The kids' little half-brother, Hudson, came over to play twice because he misses out on all the weekend fun with them, and sometimes that is sad and they all miss each other. Luckily, that's something we are allowed to choose and schedule ourselves, because he is a five year old handful and not something we would be up for every weekend! However, he is pretty cute, and good to hang around every now and then.

Now, I must go and finish finding out what happens to Wesley in the Pits of Despaaaair



No comments:

Post a Comment